On behalf of Fr. Vrazel, Debbie Ollis, and the St. Mary Parish Council we are excited to announce the Phase 1 project of St. Mary’s Master Plan- St. Mary Parish Pavilion and Courts. This important project is made possible thanks to fundraising and leadership efforts from our ongoing parish fundraising events: St. Mary’s Steak Out, St. Mary’s Knights of Columbus Steve Thompson Memorial Golf Tournament, St. Mary’s PTO Boosterthon, and The St. Mary Catholic School Annual Fund Drive. This project has also been added to the Generations of Faith Campaign. All these various organizations, along with the support of Fr. Vrazel and Mrs. Ollis, have come together to begin the process of making this part of the dream a reality.
LEVELS OF GIVING
NEW COVERED WALKWAY NAMING RIGHTS ($150,000)
• Naming Rights to a new covered walkway which will connect the main school building, Sisters of Mercy building, and the Pavilion.
FRIENDS OF FR. CUNNINGHAM ($25,000)
• Name prominently displayed on a plaque commemorating your kind contribution to the Friends of Fr. Cunningham.
MARIAN FOUNDATION ($15.000)
• Name prominently displayed on a plaque commemorating your kind contribution to the Marian Foundation.
1867 CLUB ($10,000)
• Name prominently displayed on a plaque commemorating your kind contribution to the 1867 Club.
MUSTANG SUPPORTER ($5,000)
• Name prominently displayed on a plaque commemorating your kind contribution to the Mustang Supporter.
PICNIC TABLE ($3,500)
• Picnic table to be installed on Thompson Field with a brass plaque commemorating your kind contribution.
PLAYGROUND BENCH ($2.500)
• Playground bench to be installed on Thompson Field with a brass plaque commemorating your kind contributon.
FENCE SECTION ($2,000)
• A7-foot architectural fence panel to be installed around Thompson Field with a brass plaque commemorating your kind contribution.
BRICK PAVER, 8X8 (S500)
• An 8x8 brick paver to be installed around Thompson Field with up to six lines of type commemorating your kind contribution.
BRICK PAVER, 4X8 ($200)
• An 4x8 brick paver to be installed around Thompson Field with up to three lines of type commemorating your kind contribution.
What is the Pavilion and what will it be used for?
The new St Mary Parish Pavilion will be an open-air, multi-use covered facility located on Thompson Field. It will serve many functions for our parish to include our church and school. It will be set up with basketball and volleyball court(s) to be used for practices. The school can utilize this facility for PE, after school care, recess, and during this time of COVID19 an outdoor classroom.
In addition, we will now have a lighted outdoor covered facility that can be used for church and school events, wedding receptions, outdoor gatherings, etc.
Why is it needed?
We appreciate the use over the many years of McGill-Toolen’s C.Y.O Hall and fields for our P.E. classes. However, this pavilion will help eliminate our dependence upon the C.Y.O. Hall which has become much less available to us due to its increased use. Our children will no longer have to walk a block for their scheduled P.E. time.
It will relieve some of the pressure being currently placed upon our existing cafeteria (better known as the Gymateria). During ‘normal’ circumstances, the “Gymateria” serves numerous functions such as: morning assembly, snacks, lunch, P.E., sport’s practices, plays, and various school & church gatherings.
Why Not Just build a gym?
This Pavilion is not designed nor is it intended to eliminate our long term need for a gym. The gym will remain a major item on the St. Mary Master Plan. However, at this point the Pavilion is much more cost effective and attainable than a gym. The Pavilion will help fill immediate needs while planning continues for a future gym.
When will the St. Mary Parish Pavilion and Courts be completed?
As of October 2022 the St. Mary Ollis Pavilion and Lauten Courts are complete! They are already being used for school and parish functions and are being enjoyed immensely.
This is the St. Mary’s first new building project since 1949 (that’s 73 years), when the present school and gymnasium was built for $250,000.
We are asking every St. Mary Parish Member, School Family, Alumni, or anyone who has a special place in their heart for St. Mary’s to please consider a donation to the project. While the project is being financed with ongoing fundraisers and school contributions, the faster we can pay off this project the faster we can move to the next Phase of the Master Plan! The above links have information about how you can contribute and about bout various naming