Presence- The Mystery of the Eucharist
Faith Study Through Formed.org
Begins May 1
Coordinated by Ashley Thompson,
St. Mary Parishioner,
St. Mary Catholic School Religion Teacher and Parent
My name is Ashley Thompson and I am looking forward to facilitating a Formed.org Faith Formation program called Presence-The Mystery of the Eucharist for St. Mary Parish. In this uncertain time, with our church doors closed, I am looking for a way to connect to fellow parishioners. I pray participation in this program will excite you in preparation to once again receive the Eucharist when our Church buildings open up.
Object of this program:
● Participants will discover the powerful way that God is present to us in the Eucharist, inviting us into an intimate union with himself. We will examine the effects of the sacrament and its setting in the Mass, explore the scriptural foundation of the sacrament, and discover the beauty of Holy Communion and the transformative power of the grace God offers us in this sacrament.
● The Presence series utilizes session videos and a Study Guide to communicate this message.
● It is our prayer at St. Mary Parish that you will grow in your desire to receive the Eucharist when the time comes that we are again able to gather together for the Liturgy.
Instructions to join:
● Select “I belong to a Parish”
● Type in St. Mary Church Mobile and you will choose St. Mary at 106 Providence Street
● You will need to create an account with your name and email.
● Once you are on the Formed website choose “Programs” from the top bar
● Under Programs select The Sacraments and then Presence- The Mystery of the Eucharist.
● Here you will find all the material necessary for our study of the Eucharist.
● Scroll all the way down for the Study Guide.
● You will only Sign Up the first time you visit Formed.org. After that you will simply choose Sign In and it should open the page immediately for you.
● All information will be shared on the St. Mary Facebook page and the St. Mary Parish Website.
Faith Study Schedule begins Friday, May 1
● Friday, May 1- Introduction
● Wednesday, May 6 at 6:00 PM- Zoom meeting to discuss Introduction and introduce Lesson 1 God is With Us
● Wednesday, May 13 at 6:00 PM- Zoom meeting to discuss Lesson 1 and Introduce Lesson 2- Story of the Eucharist
● Wednesday, May 20 at 6:00 PM - Zoom Meeting to discuss Lesson 2 and introduce Lesson 3- Bread for the Journey
● Wednesday, May 27 at 6:00 PM- Zoom meeting to discuss Lesson 3 and introduce Lesson 4- Biblical Foundation of the Eucharist
● Wednesday, June 3 at 6:00 PM- Zoom meeting to discuss Lesson 4. This will be our final meeting.
Information you will need:
● Zoom meeting code: 323-524-4127
● Zoom meeting password: Catholic (with a capital C)